Wednesday, January 17, 2007


I've been googled!


Someone was referred to this site by google. I was very excited. You may remember back when I was trying to get googled on this site. I put a few of the blog names that I've been reading, hoping one of the bloggers that I admire would google themselves and finding their way on my site- not one did.

Who doesn't google themselves? I constantly google myself... well not with the ardor of a 13 year old boy, but I google and I feel no shame in it. Everyone googles themselves, don't they? Even girls, I've been told, will google themselves upon occasion. Now, if you were to walk in while I was googling myself I'm sure we'd both be embarrassed and would discuss everything but googling as you slowly backed out of my office- but really, who doesn't knock first?

When none of the bloggers googled themselves (aren't we saintly) I put in a few sexy words hoping to, at least, lure a few perverts but apparently not sexy enough because no one took the bait- I guess even perverts get tired of googling themselves. One would think that I would feel shame in trying to trick people to read my blog -but I don't. You might even think that I'd be embarrassed that I can't get perverts to look at my blog with the enticements of sexy words, I do. But my google search cherry has been popped. Someone googled a set of words and they were directed to my site.

What were the words? The lyrics to Escape (the Pina Colda song) by Rupert Holmes So thank you Rupert Holmes for being so gently in this, my first time. I hope it wasn't you that googled your own song, but if it was- I understand. (sorry I called it a crappy love song)

So in honor of Mr Holmes here are the entire lryics to Escape the Pina Colada song

I was tired of my lady
We'd been together too long
Like a worn-out recording
Of a favorite song
So while she lay there sleeping
I read the paper in bed
And in the personal columns
There was this letter I read

"If you like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape."

I didn't think about my lady
I know that sounds kind of mean
But me and my old lady
Have fallen into the same old dull routine
So I wrote to the paper
Took out a personal ad
And though I'm nobody's poet
I thought it wasn't half bad

"Yes I like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon
And cut through all this red-tape
At a bar called O'Malley's
Where we'll plan our escape."

So I waited with high hopes
And she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant
I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady
And she said, "Oh it's you."
Then we laughed for a moment
And I said, "I never knew."

That you like Pina Coladas
Getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean
And the taste of champagne
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes of the Cape
You're the lady I've looked for
Come with me and escape

repeat chorus twice and fade out

5 comments:

Lucy said...

I Feel like I just read a Seinfeld script! Cute comparrison.
I was upset when I was first googled... I had written "my 13 yr old son" and someone googled "13 yr. old nudes" it made me so uncomfortable I edited that phrase from all my posts.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that is a crappy love song! I never really listened to the lyrics beyond "If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain." Well...except for the "if you like making love at midnight" part. But it's two people looking for an affair, and they just get lucky it's their husband/wife!

Wow. I feel like I'm in a lame coming-of-age story...

Anonymous said...

:) Googled.

This made me laugh. I'm going to read more.

Liza on Maui said...

Funny, I alomst wrote apost too when I noticed in my sitemeter that Google referred someone to me :)

I founf two things that helps:
1) Post everyday (your standing in Google goes up)
2) Your post title is important (that's how most of my google referral comes in)

Anyway, I'm here through Sunday Scribbling :). I was going to read your Chronicles article but I decided to browse around first. I enjoyed the visit :)

Unknown said...

My first google was a link I put up to a very funny blog whose title included the word "Boobs." So now I know how to get more google hits. Yuck.
I won't google you but I am having so much fun reading your stuff that I'm going to link you so I will remember to come back later.