Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I have to say it’s been a tough couple of weeks. There has been a seemingly never ending parade of rejections on the job front. I stare at the computer ready to send out the next patch of cover letters and resumes, which will be ignored or thrown out. It has got me feeling quite grumpy and I’m sure that’s reflected in the negative posts that I’ve been writing. You have to know when to step away and look for some good in the world. So I send them out, put on my ubiquitous sport coat and take a stroll around New York to find a better outlook on life.

I saw a tiny door, which seemed very important.


I dispelled a few stereotypes. Three orthodox Jews in a boat and they appear to be tipping


I watched the boats


I listened to a father tell his son he was doing it all wrong. I rolled my eyes at the son and the boy laughed


I went down the rabbit hole


I saw a wedding party and didn’t think “divorce count-down 10, 9, 8…”


I saw an empty shell, but on further inspection I saw a bubble and 2 girls talking.


I sat with an old man named Saul who agreed the espressos were terrific


No comments: