Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Here’s a quick run down of my life so far.
1. Move to Paris, the most romantic city in the world with my beautiful wife- get a divorce.
2. Return to my little corner of the Midwest to a sinking economy- lose job.
3. Take comfort in the fact that I have the love of my cat, the tri-colored bitch from hell- cat gets eaten by a coyote in Seattle.

I think that sums it up.

What’s an unemployed, divorced, middle aged man with a cat shaped hole in his heart to do?

Hmmm- I have an idea- move to New York City without a job and where you have no friends and try to make a go of it.

Even writing that makes me think that I've made a huge mistake. I take comfort in the words of Jesus and the Buddha which state, "The grass really is greener on the other side of the fence" and "There are no problems too big that they can't be run away from". I have always tried to live my life according to my misunderstanding of our great spiritual teachers.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

It's 'lose' job, not 'loose' job. Welcome back. We missed you.

Misplaced said...

Nooted and Coorrected

p said...

you are back. I AM GIDDY

~Michelle~ said...

So glad you are back! I've missed your writing. Sorry to hear about Ponette.