Friday, July 27, 2007

Think back, way back, to high school. That feeling of the last day of school before summer break. The piles of notes, books, notebooks and old moldy lunches that filled your locker. There was a feeling of freedom from all of this paper which could way so heavily during the year. Suddenly, it was no longer needed. It was a tradition in my high school to dump everything in the halls of the school. Hundreds and hundreds of students throwing a years worth of paper in the halls. You would kick through the piles of paper, ankle deep, like leaves in autumn.

Today is my last day at work before we begin our little experiment. It feels like that last day of school before summer vacation- except I don't recall feeling the fear of uncertainty back then- I also suspect it would be frowned upon to dump my files in the halls.

"Can't pretend the growing older never hurts"- Pete Townsend
(Have I mentioned that I met Pete Townsend...I have? OK, I'll shut up then.)

No comments: