Thursday, July 19, 2007

As you can probably guess, it’s getting more and more difficult to focus on work. My last day is next Friday so other than closing our a few of my projects I’ve become pretty worthless. Add copious amounts of free time to unlimited Internet access and you have a recipe for perusing convicted sex offenders in my zip code.

I believe this is one of those occasions that the old adage ‘ignorance is bliss’ might be appropriate. I was surprised to learn that many of the waiters at my neighborhood restaurants have been up to no good. One of the strangest things to see when perusing the photographs of sex offenders is that some of them are smiling! I think that if you smile for your mug shot they should keep you in jail.

Earlier this week K- and I got our carry out from a guy who did time for corrupting a minor and sexual battery. Either one or the other would be enough, but to have both counts against him shows he's a real go-getter, which is probably why he is working the register.

2 comments:

Aralena said...

oh man, this site is dangerous. when i was squatting in a friend's attic one summer, an aunt forwarded me this site link. i worked myself up into a total paranoid tizzy when i realized that my new home was literally surrounded by convicted pervs. we're talking hundreds of sex offenders within a 5 mile radius.

Karyn said...

Oh yes. I do like this site, and I totally agree with you - if you're up for child rape and you're SMILING? They should keep your ass in jail.

Anyway... yeah, ignorance is bliss but it's scary as all hell too, so I'll take my chances.