Tuesday, October 24, 2006


I started this little project 2 weeks ago. As you can see (and when I say you I am referring to my imaginary reader)I'm still trying to find my voice. I don't know how to approach this new blog of mine and so I've simply written whatever seemed right at the time. It's hard to get comfortable writing here even though I know that no one reads these daily musings. That will change with time (the comfort level, not the readership level).

The biggest positive is that this journal has forced me to write something daily. I worry that what I write is crap but I shouldn't. The main purpose is to simply get in the habit of writing something every day. Writing well doesn't enter into the plan just yet. I'm all about setting goals...just not goals that are too high.

One thing I have learned is that I am absolutely terrible at the elementary principles of writing such as punctuation and cohesive sentence structure. I review my beat up copy of Strunk and White's Elements of Style to answer questions I have but I realize that I fall short.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah for strunk and white!