Monday, July 28, 2008

I just returned from Amsterdam and was reminded that Catherine Sanderson was reading from her new book, Petite Anglaise, at Shakespeare and Co. Despite the heat, she had a good turn out. I was amazed that I knew 3 people in the crowd- granted I don't know them well but it's nice to recognize people in this rather large city. I also lined up a possible petanque match. I believe the women sitting next to Ms. Sanderson, is Sylvia Beach Whitman the daughter of the George Whitman who opened Shakespeare and Company in the 1950's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'd love to use one of your photos if you don't mind? I'd link it back to your blog, of course...

Catherine

amy said...

Ooh, do it, Matt. You definitely want Petite linking back to your blog... sit back and watch as your stats go through the roof!

LDP said...

What is "pentanke"? Yeah, I know I could Google it, smartass.