Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I realize I haven’t done an update on the move for a while. The house is not moving. We have many people walk through and are very complimentary but no solid offers. I was shocked to find how many parents are in the market to buy a house for their children; some of these kids are college age- what’s up with that. K- and I are actually kind of calm about it- that’s what happens when two recovered alcoholics/ addicts get brainwashed in AA they become all spiritual n’ shit. Of course, once the date of departure gets closer we will turn on each other like two mice caught in the same glue trap (I just made that expression up, it’s going to be big). But we have decided to turn our will, our lives and our house over to the care of a realtor as we understand her and at 6% some shit better move (squeak, squeak)

K- found a place in Paris to live for the first 2 months while we look for permanent lodgings- it occurred to her that she got this place in the state of panic and we pulled our offer- nothing good can come from a decision based on fear. I’ve seen a new hombre in the blog world called Parisian Cowboy. I sent him a note explaining our situation and seeking advice. Based on his response we are calm, relaxed and in search of another apartment. As The Last Parisian Cowboy saunters into the sunset all we can say is “Who was that masked man? Thanks Parisian Cowboy!”

I sent out a list of 15 places we are interested in and gave the apartment agency 2 days to get back to me. This being a French company I have no doubt that that demand will, in fact, slow down the process and that they might not respond at all. I don’t care it felt good- I felt like captain Kirk barking out orders.

Misplaced: “You have two days to pull this together!!!”
Response: "Damn it Jim, I’m a doctor not an apartment agenct!”
Misplaced: “Oops wrong email address”

The first sign of being one of two mice caught in the same glue trap is citing Star Trek even if you never cared for the show.

It’s odd to have quit our jobs, sold our car, been accepted to graduate school (K- not me) but still not have sold our house which will, for the most part, be financing this fiscal irresponsibility- but I do believe that everything will work out the way it should- but it may not work out the way I want it to (another AA bumper sticker)

No comments: