Wednesday, January 10, 2007


The New York times has their top 10 list of books for 2006. 5 fiction 5 non fiction.

I finished Special Topics In Calamity Physics last week. It took all of 3 days to read because it is that good and that suspenseful. I would suggest not doing as I did and read the story slowly. There is a lot going on and you will miss some of the finer details because you want to find out what happened. Slow down, and enjoy.

If you are as petty and bitter as I, there is a subplot that will go through your mind as you read. You will look at the author on the back cover and you will say, aloud. "She wrote this when she was 27!!!!" You will then want to hate her but you can't help but notice that she is also quite attractive (K- pointed this out as it would have been suicide for me to) "You think so?" I said to K, squinting my eyes as I look at the picture to see what she sees. "I suppose" I say dismissively. "Nicely played" I think to myself but accidentally say out loud.

So she wrote a best seller at 27 and is good looking so she's probably a bitch. It would appear from her acknowledgement that she is also a very nice person.

Despite all that Marisha Pesslar has going against her I enjoyed the book.

No comments: